Monday, October 1, 2012

Last week's letter

This is last weeks letter it didnt send for some stupid reason! Maybe it was the photos i tried to attach

Hey everyone!
This week was kind of weird. I don't really remember everything that happened but for Sunday and Monday Elder Sudbury was sick so we didn't even leave the apartment. I spent a lot of time reading Jesus the Christ and reading old letters. I always update you on my reading so I hope someone enjoys knowing where I am haha. I finished Alma! Woo! It was really good. I like Alma 34 because it talks about the meaning of life which everyone wonders. Since Elder Sudbury was sick we watched a lot of lame seminary videos haha and Legacy and Mountain of the Lord. Mountain of the Lord was my favorite one. It was about how the Salt Lake Temple was built. Speaking of temples... I went to the LA temple today and it was really nice. I think I attached a photo! That's cool because I took that like 3 hours ago. We went with a member who is really cool and he taught us a lot of pretty cool stuff in the celestial room. 

The work was slow this week partly because our main investigator Diana is MIA and we meet the strangest people! Diana and her boyfriend got into a fight as we were sitting on the other couch. It was really crazy because they were yelling at each other because she wants to live the law of chastity and he's pretty apathetic about the whole thing. We haven't heard from her since because we got a hold of her through his phone. It'll work out though.

The craziest/most interesting person I've probably ever met is Snake. He is a Roman Catholic who loves Eucharistic miracles. He is a Vietnam Marine vet who was born in Russia. He is a black belt jujitsu and taught us some moves! He survived a 3000 ft fall out of a plane with a broken parachute and he is just the most interesting/crazy person ever. 

How is everyone? How is grandma doing? I miss her and Grammie a lot so make sure they know that. I actually went to a funeral for someone I knew here (long story) and I was thinking about how Grandpa's funeral probably was and I got sad for a minute. I hope Mom is doing alright. 

Anyways, hopefully the work will go better this week! Whoa I almost totally forgot! I gave a talk on Sunday on the restoration! It went pretty well! Elder Sudbury said he felt the spirit while I was talking and I spoke for a perfect ten minutes. I'm getting better at talking because I'm understanding things more and more.

Love you all and I'll be on Monday next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment