Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Suprise!

Hey everyone!

Man we didn't go to the temple this week because the member that is taking us couldn't get off of work. So I guess I'll have a lot to read next WEDNESDAY. Ha well I hope everyone is doing okay. I miss everyone a lot but I am doing pretty well. This week we didn't have the baptism that was supposed to happen so that kind of stunk. A lot of the people that were investigators have been dodging us this week. I think my favorite part about this week has been giving blessings. We gave a blessing to a really cool guy who is a somewhat recent convert. He actually had a family member get shot which is a totally different story but anyways... giving him a blessing was a really uplifting moment and the spirit was there. 

We actually gave a blessing to a guy a couple weeks ago and he didn't have to get surgery! He was going to have to get 1 to 3 ribs taken out to see if he had cancer but after the blessing they went away which is actually really great. I'm still reading the Book of Mormon and New Testament which has really strengthened my testimony. I'm in chapter 10 of The Acts and like 32 of Alma. It helps when you have an hour to read everyday! As I read I understand the gospel better and better. It's interesting because God loves us so much that he made what we have to do simple even though it would be difficult. Jesus taught that we have to have Faith, repent, be baptized by the proper authority and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost/or renew your covenants by taking the sacrament and endure to the end. It's really hard for everyone to change sometimes even if it is for the better. But it really is for the better. I've already seen people change for the better and they're obviously happier. They haven't even been baptized yet so they'll be even happier after that. Thank you Mom and Dad for being really great examples to me. I'm starting to better understand why you tried to make us read the scriptures so much ahah. I'm not sure why or what has changed but I really love reading and learning more. 

There are so many people that tell us that we're deceived and wrong or they have really strong opinions about something. All of these people haven't even read the Bible or the Book of Mormon which I think is really silly. It's pointless to say that something isn't for you if you haven't tried it. And I believe that everyone feels the spirit in their lives no matter what. To feel the spirit we have to follow God's commandments and do what Christ did. It's hard sometimes when we teach people that really don't get it even after we teach it okay. There was this crazy big black lady that we taught haha and she started speaking in "the gift of tongues" and it was just creepy... Lots of fun stuff going on in North Long Beach. Life is good though. Members here are really nice. There are a lot of islanders. They feed us so much! somehow I'm not fat yet... It's probably because of the biking everyday and the 100+ weather that we've had lately

People here in the ward really love Hugh Nibley and my companion does too. I've been having fun getting into pretty deep conversations about God and Adam and Eve and the temple and pretty much everything. 

Well I have to go so I'll talk to you all next week on Wednesday!

Love,

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment