Monday, October 22, 2012

Hi

Hey everyone!

I'm doing really well, everyone. I'm learning so much every week. I finished the New Testament minus Revelation and it was really great. I just started reading the Old Testament and I'm in the middle of the story of Joseph. That's my favorite story in the Old Testament so far. There are some really interesting stories in that book haha. Joseph is my favorite because the people around him were blessed because of how great he was. I want to be able to bless the people around me by being obedient and hard-working. Dad and Mom have really been good examples to us. Thanks!

We have around 20 potentials that we've been trying to meet with. Most of our appointments fall through honestly. The other day we had an appointment, a church tour and another appointment and everyone bailed haha. It stinks that people aren't honest with us all of the time. I'm not down about it because I can't control that. I've been working very very hard to know the scriptures better and knowing the doctrine in the lessons.
So please tell Grandma that I just got her letter this week. It got lost in another elders papers so please tell her that I'm writing her back as soon as possible! There are three weeks left for this transfer! Time is an interesting thing because sometimes it feels so quick and then so slow. 

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY CHLOE! I hope she's loving being six! Not much happened this week. We had "tune up" on tuesday. It's a meeting for the missionaries at their first two transfers. He's a really nice guy and I like him. The meeting itself was really great too. We had trainings from the AP's and the president about asking people to be baptized.

Me and Elder Sudbury at the Los Angeles Temple
 
The view from my apartment


My faith in Jesus Christ has grown so much. I've always believed in Christ and known that He is important but studying and pondering about what he did personally for me has been life changing. I think a lot of what held me back from studying this hard and thinking about God was my mind set. I thought that I was a pretty busy person before my mission but now I really see that what I was doing didn't really matter. I want you to really look at what fills your day and take the things that don't matter out. The purpose of life is to become a better person and to do that by loving God and keeping his commandments. Make sure that where you live is where you are closest with God. We dedicated someone's home the other day and if you haven't done that you should. Pray and ask that the spirit can reside where you live. I really miss all of you!
I'm so thankful for all of your support. I love letters! If there are any questions you have about the gospel ask me and I'll look!

Love you all!

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment