Monday, October 15, 2012

Hey!

Hello there,

This week has been pretty good. We've been knocking a lot of doors which is not the most fun of finding ideas but it tends to work out. It doesn't work in the sense that the people we knock into want to learn but it works because it puts us in the right place at the right time to meet someone on the street.

I finished the Book of Mormon for the 90 day challenge President Bubert gave us. It's been about 50 something days so I read it a little fast. Each time I read it I get more and more out of it! Thank you Mom and Dad for getting me such nice scriptures. One of my favorite parts of the end of the Book of Mormon is Moroni 7. There's a lot of meat in there. If I remember right it talks so much about faith, hope and charity. I hope that everyone who reads this spends some time today to read from the Book of Mormon. I'm also still reading in The New Testament. I'm in Peter right now so I just finished James. I likes James because it talks about good works. Yesterday we were talking to a guy and some random person came walking up to us telling us that it's not about works guys! I find it funny that people think that we think that we're trying to work our way into heaven. There's nothing we could do to live again. Only by Jesus Christ's selfless act will we live again. They don't understand that we show our faith by our works and that by following God's commandments we can receive a greater glory. Anyways, I'm just rambling. But I've been really loving my hour of personal study each day. I'll be done with the Bible in no time! haha.

I got your letters the other day and they were great! Everyone drew me something which was nice and I have them up on my desk. Noah how did your contest go? I'm not supposed to read anything other than a few church books but maybe you could send me the first chapter in pieces if you want.

I'm happy to hear from Eden! I'm sad that I can't see her in her play though!

Dad being in LA will be pretty funny. My companion is going home in a month and he's starting to get really excited. You know that I'll be freaking out! I'm so thankful to be here and serving people and God everyday while I can. That's pretty funny that you guys called Sister Bubert the other day. I'll try and put one or two with this email. If not don't worry I'll send them home or to Rach or something. I'm not fat yet! I think it's all of the biking and running I do. Okay so I just looked for a usb to plug into this computer and it doesn't have one. I'm at a library in Cerritos. It's because the family history center is closed today and that's where we always go. I PROMISE you will have pictures next week. I do know how to do it I just tried to put too many last time. I'm doing really well and you all have nothing to worry about. I'm having a hardworking/ great time. I'd say that time has gone by relatively quickly and I've only had one companion. They say each transfer goes by faster and faster.

We're finding a lot of people when we go out but we're having a difficult time getting people to commit to anything, even another lesson. The people I meet and talk to have been fairly nice even if they are crazy. I really feel God's love for each person.

Everyone keep trying to be the best they can be!

Love,

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment