Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference Week

Hey Family!

How is everyone doing? Did Eden audition for the play? How is Chloe's first year of school going? How is Noah? Mom? Dad? 

General Conference was really good! I obviously watched all the sessions and they were all really good. It's pretty cool that the missionary age is now 18 for guys and 19 for girls. People are saying that there will be a lot more missionaries now. My favorite talks were by Uchdorf and Holland. Uchdorf talked about living with no regrets and choosing happiness. That talk reminded me of Mom always saying that. Mom always told me that we were choosing to be annoyed at our siblings too. Holland's was really, really good. He basically talked about Jesus asking Peter if he loved Him. Go watch it! I think any Christian would love that talk. I was thinking that Mrs. Zurheide would really like it. Maybe Rach can tell her that or even show her the talk.

I thought it was pretty interesting because I thought that most talks were about either loving God and loving our neighbors. We listened to a talk called "They Saw Our Day" by Lance Richardson yesterday after conference and it was really interesting. You should look it up online. There's an audio file that you can listen to. Anyways, it's about ancient culture's way of life and their prophesies for the end of the world. Dad, can you listen to it and tell me what you think? It's an hour and 15ish minutes. Each of these tribes and cultures talk about the way we can live the best lives. They all talk about loving God and Charity and love for the people around us. Hearing those same things from our leaders was really interesting. If everyone really did that the world would be a much better place. 

Besides General Conference we really didn't teach that many people sadly. Diana actually moved to LA so we don't get to teach her and help her anymore. Snake is that crazy guy that we've been talking to but he really is a character. He's an old version of Jason Bourne. He's contracted by the government to go wherever and pretty much do whatever they ask him to do. He's been to Iraq, Mexico (to take out Cartel), Georgia, Pakistan. Haha he is a really nice man though. 

I'm proud to have made the decision to come on a mission. I know for an absolute fact that I am already changed for the better. I feel the spirit everyday as I read the scriptures looking for answers to my questions. I really like the people that I'm serving and meeting. The members like me so that's good! We're doing service for Scott and Kimi Neilson who are a cool couple in the ward. They think I'm really funny so it's always fun going over there and making them laugh. We're hanging drywall so my previous experience is coming in handy! Elder Sudbury was a construction worker so he knows what he's doing but I can help too which is great. 

This week we're really going to try and find people to teach! I'm still trying to figure out how to convey the importance of the message of the Restoration. I've talked to a lot of people who love the Bible and really do read it everyday but they won't even touch the Book Of Mormon

Okay I have to get off!
Love you,

Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment