Monday, June 2, 2014

June!

I had a great week this week!

We just picked up a new missionary today who came back after a year of being home. He's happy to be back! It's great to be on a mission. It's so strange to me that it's June and in July I go home. Luckily it's at the end of July. I am excited to come home but It's very foreign to me. It's really interesting to think about possible goals for school and work. I hope to keep the good habits I've started on my mission. I know I need to keep waking up early. Luckily I have a little bit of time to figure that out! I'm glad I can see Chloe, Eden and Noah in their play!

On Saturday we had Elder Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles here! It was amazing to see all of the missionaries in this mission in one chapel. Normally we don't get everyone together so It was the first time I saw everyone. I really love the missionaries here. I was sitting on the stand with President and Sister Tew when Elder Ballard, Elder Schwitzer and Elder Acosta came in they came through a door onto the stand. Elder Ballard walked up to me and asked if we were the assistants and I got to be the first one to shake his hand. He's a funny and powerful man. We all stood and shook everyone's hand. I had never shook over 200 people's hands in a row...your hand gets pretty tired. I felt the Spirit very strong as he testified of Christ and answered some of the questions we had. One missionary told him that he had always been put with strong companions and he felt like he was worthless and not able to really pull his weight. Elder Ballard told him that he was worth just as much as his companion. That he is a son of God. He answered a lot of great questions. I thought it was funny when he said that they're doing all they can to get members to do missionary work. He said, "I've given my last two conference talks to talk about missionary work!" One of the things he said that I really liked was "you've got a message and you've got a mission!" After the meeting I went on a date.....haha President and Sister Tew were going on a date and sister Tew asked if we had dinner and then invited us to eat with them. We went to a tiny little place that makes Pupusas. I had never had any before but they were really good!

We taught Joey at President Tew's house this week. It is such a blessing to be able to teach someone at my mission president's house. Especially Joey! He is becoming so converted to the Gospel. He loves the Book of Mormon and church. That's what happens when you actually read it and experiment upon the word. Everyone I've taught that has really tried to read the Book of Mormon has been baptized. It was a great lesson. President answered a lot of his questions and he's not working on quitting smoking. 

Happy almost birthday Mom! The rest of your birthdays I'll be able to give you a hug and a present! One thing Elder Ballard said really seemed like he was talking to me. He said think about how many months you have left and give 100% of it to God. Thank you for supporting me with all the things I have been doing.

Love

Elder Gallagher


No comments:

Post a Comment