Monday, June 30, 2014

[4 weeks to go!]

Hey!

This week I got sick which doesn't happen usually so that slowed my week down a little bit. I got up to go run and my head was really dizzy and the room was spinning. I still tried to run but ended up walking and going back to bed. I got a blessing that helped a lot and I'm pretty much back to 100%. It is amazing how tired you can get but go run and be awake the rest of the week. 

Joey asked me to confirm him a member of the church and give him the gift of the Holy Ghost which was special. If nothing else I've realized lately what a great mission the Lord has given me. I really can't think of anything that I wish would've happened or wouldn't have happened. I went on another exchange this week and after Elder Taylor and I got to work to the end of the night. We went by a member who we were asked to go visit and we weren't sure what his apartment number was. So we went up to a door that was open and met Robia. We asked if Bevon was home and she said she grew up with Bevon and that he lived upstairs. Bevon was recently baptized so we talked to her about that and asked if he had talked to her about it at all. We invited her to come upstairs with us and talk to Bevon with us!

So we went up there and he wasn't home but there were some chairs there and we ended up teaching her a very powerful lesson about the restoration. She practically taught herself as we asked good questions and followed the Spirit. I think teaching is one of my favorite things about being a missionary. 

This week I also had to give two trainings at leadership meeting and mission leadership council. One of the topics I talked about was bringing someone to church each week. I talked about ways the leaders in the mission can help their missionaries bring people to church. We read the words of Hymn #185 which for me explain why we go to church. At MLC Elder Taylor and I taught about teaching simply. It's kind of difficult having to give talks all of the time but I learn so much as I prepare for them. 

I read a talk this week about timing. Elder Oaks talked about how he planned his life and how different it was. It's important to just put the Lord first and keep the commandments and everything else will work out when it's time.

Love you! 

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment