Monday, March 3, 2014

Hey

Hey!
We probably had the worst weather I've been in for 19 months. Three days of rain! It was really nice to have a little change in the weather. It'll be interesting to not be in perfect weather more often. Luckily we were mostly inside. I had a meeting at the mission office on Friday from 10 to 4 so I missed a lot of it.

Friday, we went on exchanges with one of the district leaders in the zone. We walked around in the rain for awhile looking for people to teach. We're pushing really hard to find more people to teach so I wanted to show the missionary I was with that finding here is very possible. I had remembered Elder Loutensock saying that he talked to a woman named Buffy on a road but I couldn't remember the house number. I said a quick prayer and we went to go talk to a man and a woman who were coming out of their house to walk their dog. The woman introduced herself as Buffy and I really wasn't surprised. I know God puts people in each others path for a reason. We were able to have a short conversation on the street and she told us to come back. I got up and shared that little experience in fast and testimony meeting yesterday.  The Lord is hastening His work here in Huntington Beach.
Another guy we talked to on Friday sold elephants out of Thailand. People do some interesting things! He told us that he could get us an elephant for cheaper than a car. I know he was telling the truth because he gave us his business card hahaha. 

Last night we went by Bishop Davis's house unannounced just to see if we could do anything and we walked in on their whole family studying the scriptures. It was pretty amazing to see seven kids sitting still and engaged as they talked about Ezekiel 37. The members here have been such amazing examples to me. I'm really grateful to have grown up the way I have. With examples from my family and the good people around me.
This week we taught eleven lessons to the people we're working with. I think it's the most we've ever taught in one week here. The members here are great! We had at least one with us every time we taught. Buddy is now really good friends with a girl in the ward and that's helping him a lot. He came to church and is doing really well! We teach him again tonight before FHE. Sadly the Smiths didn't come to church. It's so easy to let things get in the way of going to church and doing the simple things that make you happy.
The pictures of Snow Canyon look awesome! It'll be fun to go up there and see that. I emailed my academic adviser last week and I think I am going to graduate with an associates in business then transfer to BYU. Does anyone wiser than me see a better option? It's fun being in a trio! Especially when I came out Elder Sarver. Elder Mann is awesome too. He's a hard worker and is always thinking about how we can work harder and do more. He was baptized at 16 and his story  from what I've heard is really inspiring.
Love you!

Elder Gallagher

Me, Elder Sarver, Elder Mann



No comments:

Post a Comment