Monday, March 10, 2014

Another Week at the Beach

I do find it pretty funny that I'm right next to the beach and I'm not allowed to go. Anyways,

I had a great week! I went on a few exchanges with some other missionaries in my zone. That's when I spend 24 hours with them and help them with their work. It's fun to go out and work hard in their area and increase their faith that there are people prepared even here in orange county. 

Elder Sarver, Mann and I are getting along great. We're working really well together and are always looking for ways to improve. We have fun and joke around everyday too so things couldn't be better. We've also started to buy and cook more meat. So I'm getting better at marinating and cooking which will come in handy when I don't just want quesadillas anymore haha.

One of the people we found this week is Joel. He came to church with his girlfriend and he liked it. He's from Texas so he and Elder Mann bonded over loving a burger place in Texas called Whataburger. He said we could come and teach that night. So last night we went and shared the message of the restoration and invited him to pray and ask God if it was true. He prayed and paused to listen for an answer. I looked up into the sky and saw the moon and a few stars and just thought how small we are but how important Joel's prayer was. He said he felt peace and wants to prepare for baptism on the 29th.

I wouldn't rather be anywhere else right now. I love being a missionary and being able and called to help others strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ.

Love 

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment