Monday, March 31, 2014

Crazy Week!

My week was actually pretty normal until Friday morning. We had a meeting called MLC at the mission office and as I was getting ready President Tew called and asked if I would come into his office a little before the meeting. I thought nothing of it. I kind of expected him to release me as a zone leader because this was my sixth transfer as one. We sat down and he called me to be an assistant. Basically I will have a lot more responsibility. There are 198 missionaries in the mission and two assistants. I'm really excited to love everyone here and be able to help the missionaries that are really struggling. 
I got transferred this morning to get into the office and start making calls to the zone leaders and sending emails and all sorts of fun stuff. I've never felt so dependent on God for helping me be who He needs me to be. I find comfort in the story of Enoch and Moses and Jeremiah who didn't feel ready for their callings. I was wondering why I was called with the little amount of time I have left on my mission but I learned that it really only matters that I do what the Lord would have me do. To not be afraid and to work as hard as I can.

I felt the first two earthquakes on my mission this week in just 24 hours. I said goodbye to everyone in Huntington Beach which is sad. I love the people there! I'll attach some pictures. That's pretty much everything going on with me though. Tonight I'm going to President's house to go to the dinner for the missionaries who are going home. Thanks for your prayers! 

Love 

Elder Gallagher



Buddy and I


 
The Carrs





No comments:

Post a Comment