Monday, March 17, 2014

Hey!

Hey!

I don't really feel like writing an email to everyone this week. Maybe subconsciously I feel like I say things to everyone and it changes what I would just say to the family. But you can put it on the email website if you want.
Anyways yesterday the lesson for priesthood was chapter 4 in the Joseph Fielding Smith book and I really loved the quote from his wife about the kind of person he was. It got me thinking about how lucky and blessed we are to have the family we do. Too many people don't have a family at all and I think we take our situation for granted sometimes. I know I did before my mission. I thought of the times we would do the sock game haha and how much Mom and Dad love us. Take advantage of the time you have to play with each other. 

Right now I'm trying to develop my teaching skills and my love for everyone. So I've been studying the teaching methods of Christ. I spent a lot of time thinking about and reading the end of Matt 7 where it says that the people were astonished because He taught as one having authority. The word astonished means to be amazed or confounded. They were amazed at His Gospel and also because he taught with power. On page 4 of Preach My Gospel I read about where my authority and power come from as a teacher of the Gospel. Look for what brings power to teaching in the section!

We put on a zone lunch/testimony meeting on Friday and it was very powerful. It is a great unity builder to hear the people I don't know as well get up and share their thoughts about the Gospel. I know this church is true! I love you!

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment