Monday, April 29, 2013

First Week in Whittier

Happy P-Day!
 
A lot happened this week! I said good-bye to Elder Komarek and left him to train a missionary who is waiting for a visa! He got called the day before to train! So I'm excited for him. I left on Tuesday and now I'm here in Whittier. It's kind of weird to not be in Long Beach anymore but I like it here so far. The Colima ward is very nice and the boundries make it that the northern part is very rich and the southern part is very poor. Elder Hermansen and I have the south part. Moving into the apartment was a little stressful. The apartment probably hadn't been cleaned in months...So I've been cleaning in my spare time. I didn't take pictures of the apartment but maybe I will for next week.
 
Elder Hermansen is from Kerns, UT and we're getting along pretty well. He likes tennis and has two younger brothers. He's allergic to fructose so he has to tell people everyday that he can't eat fruit. I would get really tired of that really quickly if I were him. We get along pretty well. Everyday we get a little more comfortable and open with each other. He is quiet and still not quite comfortable with talking to people on the street but I think as he does it he'll get better and better. We're also trying to get used to teaching together. I guess I like to talk and I sometimes have a hard time with giving time to my companion if he doesn't jump in. So I've been working on that.
 
The work here is great! We have Spanish missionaries working in our area so they run into some English speakers that are interested. One of those people is William! He is really awesome and has a date for baptism on the 25th. We met him and gave him a pamphlet on the Restoration and the next day we went over and he read it and had questions and was really excited! He didn't make it to church and he can't next week because of a family trip but tonight we have a lesson with someone from church coming as well.
 
Whittier is super hilly compared to LB and of course I'm on a bike haha. It's as north as the mission goes and it gets the hottest here in the summers too. I may be needing some more white short sleeve shirts. Im a 15 and a half. I've been thinking about things that I would want in a package and desk toys or things are good. I spend all of my time working or at my desk so that may give some birthday ideas. It's weird to think that I'll be 20 in less than two months. I'm not exactly spending my last year as a teenager as most do.
 
I'm sending some pictures of Elder Hermansen and I
 
Love
 
Silas
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment