Monday, April 15, 2013

Last Week of the Transfer

Hey,
 
This week was pretty good. I always say that. I guess Mom and Dad know that being a missionary is kind of repetitive but it's always good. So this upcoming week is the last week that I'll be training Elder Komarek and it has really flown by! I've really liked training and I would like to do it again. We'll see though. I could be moving to another area next Tuesday but I'll know and let you know on Monday.
 
So this week I helped a lady pack up her house to move to somewhere in northern California. The house was really dusty and full of dog hair. It was really full of dog hair. So we worked for six hours to pack up the house and load the truck. The man packing the house flew down out of his own pocket to help the lady who he had never met before. I think he knew one of her friends? Anyways I was talking to him about that because it takes a lot of charity to pay to go and do a lot of work and help someone. I do like helping people even when you sneeze a lot because of the dog hair. Did I say there was a ton of dog hair?
 
Michael wasn't ready to get baptized this weekend which is unfortunate because he wants to get baptized but he's not really sure if Joseph Smith was a prophet. But I know that as he reads and prays about the Book of Mormon he'll get an answer. I really like that about the church that I think a lot of people either look over or don't take seriously. You can actually read and pray and get an answer from God that something is true. All it takes is an experiment. I like the simplicity of the Gospel that can be broken down into very complex doctrines.
 
Elder Komarek and I are getting along well. He's a good guy and he's really funny too. We really like having fun with the other Elders in our district..it's the four of us, then all sisters.
 
I ran into a missionary that served in our ward (Elder Richards) the other day and it was really awesome to see someone I know. It was really crazy too because the chances of that happening were extremely slim. He just happened to have driven past where we were biking. He doesn't live here he was just here for a wedding. Super awesome.
 
I hope you all have a great week and I can't wait to talk to you next week!
 
Silas
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment