Monday, April 22, 2013

Moving!

This week was my last week with Elder Komarek! I'm definitely going to miss him but I know he's going to do great with his new companion. President Bubert was at our sacrament meeting yesterday to speak and Elder Komarek gave a talk as well. He did so awesome! Haha I thanked him for making me look good in front of President. He talked about how we can develop Christ-like attributes and President talked about all the new missionaries coming in and the help that we need. There were 123 missionaries here when I got here and tomorrow there will be 242.
 
Speaking of tomorrow...I am getting transferred to Whittier! I hear there are a lot of Spanish speakers there and I don't speak Spanish...I may be regretting Italian classes haha. My companion is going to be Elder Hermansen and I am excited to get to know another missionary! President doesn't usually email missionaries back but he did for me this past week! This is what he said:
 
Thanks my friend.
I am so proud of you and for the outstanding job you have done with Elder Komarek. He will teach Elder Ball everything Elder Ball should have learned since he's been here.
Have a great transfer with Elder Hermansen. He is very quiet and reserved. Don't let him get out of teaching and planning. You can do all of that in a kind and gentle way. Gain the confidence of the members in your ward. There is so much good yet to be done there in Colima. I want you to know that I have total confidence that you will really get things going. You are a one of the best missionaries I know, with the best natural leadership qualities. Stay humble, keep working hard and rely upon the Lord for all the inspiration you will need to get the Lord's work done.
Love, Pres Bubert

 
I'm grateful for the love that I have for the members of the Woodruff Ward. It is a strange thought to think that if I hadn't come here I wouldn't have met any of these amazing people. I said good-bye to Frank Pastrana (Elder Sudbury baptized him) and it was really heart wrenching. He has so many health problems and he is still trying to have a good attitude. I read Helaman 5:12 and bore him my testimony that I know that what that scripture says is true. He talked about how he loves the church and the Gospel because he knows that there are always people that really care about him. He told me that for lack of better words he has my back. I am amazed over and over how much I care about these people. That is the best part about being a missionary. I love loving people.
 
I'm saying goodbye to Brent Porter tonight and that'll be hard. He is a crazy old man and I love him haha. I'll try and get a picture with him. I already said goodbye to Micheal. I'll post a picture! Hope you all have a great week!
 
Silas
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment