Monday, May 5, 2014

Good Week

Hey Everyone,

Today and tomorrow will be VERY busy for me. In half an hour or so Elder Sturgell and I are going to pick up two new missionaries that are coming from the MTC in Mexico. We're going to take them to the top of Signal Hill. You can see a lot of the mission from there. And we'll go and contact some people then take them to lunch. Tomorrow the rest of the new missionaries are coming in and we'll do the same thing. 

Last night we had a baptism! Her name is Leia and she's a very nice girl. Elder Sturgell and Tewksbury have taught her for a few months now. She is very happy going to church and hasn't missed a single week the past three months. Her mom came too and said that she's noticed a big change in her attitude. She's great!



President Tew has been in the hospital waiting to get surgery for a problem with his intestines. It's been hard not having him around. We've had to run a lot of meetings we wouldn't normally run. He should be back in about two weeks. 

I shouldn't have this info quite yet but since I'm in the office I saw the email haha so here's my travel itinerary.

DELTA AIR LINES       29 JUL LONG BEACH CA  SALT LAKE C UT 700A    949A
DL 4640             TUESDAY LONG BEACH     SALT LAKE CITY
V ECONOMY                                  TERMINAL 2

Looks like I get to SLC at 9:49 AM on Jul 29th. Thanks for writing me about your week! Great to hear Hunter is going to Germany! That'll be awesome. I also hope Aunt Katie's treatment will work.

Here's my letter to President Tew this week:

I'm really glad I remembered to write you this week. I apologize for missing so many weeks. Things have been very busy with transfers and MLC and the new missionaries. I've felt God's hand direct us as we have prepared for the new missionaries. I've learned so much the past five weeks. It would be hard to put into words exactly what. I feel more comfortable with speaking in front of a lot of people and I feel more love for the people around me. It's a privilege to be able to minister to and think about the whole mission.

The departure fireside had me reflecting on my mission so far. I have come to know that Christ is right when he said, "he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." I could not be more certain that this is true. I want everyone to know that when you give yourself up and work hard for him you are changed. I've never been happier and I've never given of myself so much in my life. Thank you for being a great example of this for me. Feel better President.

Love

Elder Gallagher


No comments:

Post a Comment