Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hey!

Hey I know I write an email every week that doesn't really do it justice but I'm also 
interested in how all of your weeks went too! It's hard to believe that it's been so long since I've seen you. Even harder to believe that I'll be back so soon. 

I finally remembered my camera! So here are some of the pictures I've taken lately:



The Smiths! I baptized James and Ava (the little girl)

I was on exchanges back in my old area and we went to visit them and the feeling in their house was great! It's amazing what has happened to the feeling in their home. It is now more peaceful and like they said, "it feels more like home." The feeling of a spirit filled home is certainly real. I've loved spending time in President and Sister Tew's home as we've met the past few days about meetings and transfers. It feels peaceful and very comfortable. I have a really nice apartment which feels pretty good too.


This is my view from the desk I'm at in the mission office. There are a few senior missionary couples that work here and they're great! This week we got to go to the temple! We went to a pretty early session and on the way to the member that was driving us we hit a skunk with our car. I don't recommend it. Hah it was Tuesday when we hit it and it still smells a little bit. It was great to have some time to just sit and think in the temple. There were a lot of missionaries there and I thought about all the great people I've met here.

One spiritual experience I had this week was when I was on exchanges in my area with an elder from Canada. We were walking and trying to talk to everyone. A lot of people don't look like they're going to want to listen but time and time again on my mission they do. We  offered to say a prayer with a girl and her mother outside of their house and they said that we could pray for their friend in the hospital. After the prayer they gave us a few minutes to share our message. It was amazing how the questions we asked helping them understand what we were teaching. They wanted to come to church and get baptized. All from just talking to someone we were walking by. God really places people in our path that need the Gospel.

Email me back I'd love to talk to you! Hope you have a great week!

Love 

Elder Gallagher


silas.gallagher@myldsmail.net





No comments:

Post a Comment