Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day (letter to Mission Presidient)

Here's my letter to president. It's not really blog material but I figure you might want to read anything I write since I don't write much!

Dear President Tew,

Elder Sturgell and I were able to go on three exchanges this week.

First I went with Elder Taylor. It was great to work with him in his area. They do a great job getting members out with them which seems to be a struggle at times in Spanish congregations. We went with Hector, a recent convert who now wants to serve a mission from going out with them. I think Elder Taylor would be a good assistant. He's a very hard worker. He wants to do his best and help others achieve their goals. We found a new investigator named Rebeca. Her whole family has potential to be baptized. We were not able to reach our daily goals.

My second exchange was with Elder Jacobson. He came to our area and we had a night full of miracles which led to us achieving our daily goals. We taught two member present lessons, one other lesson and found two new investigators all in three hours. Everyone we planned to go by and teach led us to someone. We took out Ian, a return missionary who was able to bear testimony to the people we taught. Elder Jacobsen is a good missionary! We were companions at the very beginning of our missions and we reflected on how much we had grown. I talked with him about the mission culture.I asked him what his zone's strengths and weaknesses are and helped him make plans to help them. I talked to him about studying more for his zone than the things he wants to learn about. 

My last exchange this week was with Elder Komarek. I think he would make a good assistant too. He handles situations with love and seems very mature. Also...I trained him so I am biased. We did not achieve our daily goals but we did find on our exchange. He feels that his zone can do better with talking with everyone. I encouraged him to make that a focus with the exchanges he has with his district leaders. 

On Thursday we went to the HBN zone meeting. I thought someone that has great potential for leadership is Elder Menser. The Spirit is with him and he is very mature. 

I miss you President! I hope you're recovering at the pace they hope. We have the mission praying for you. Thank you for everything you do.

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment