Monday, July 22, 2013

Transfers! (letter from 7/15)

Hey everyone,

This is my last P-day is Whittier! I am moving to the Cerritos 1st ward. My new address is: 16031 Pioneer Blvd #B13 Norwalk, CA. This week was pretty good. Wednesday night President Tew called Elder Moala and I to be zone leaders. That basically means I get to help not only people around where I live but also the missionaries that I serve around. So I get to help missionaries with any problems that they have and  try to be an example to them. The general area or zone where I'm going is "brand new". Last transfer there was one pretty big zone and now there will be two zones with about 20 missionaries in them. 

I'm excited to have the opportunity to be in the Lakewood zone with my new companion Elder Welch. He was Elder Moala's trainer and he said I'm going to really like him. I am sure I will have a lot to learn from him about being a good zone leader. I'm very humbled to be put in this position to serve and do so much good for others. I've been studying chapter 12 of Preach My Gospel in the hopes that I'll have the chance to interview my first baptismal candidate! 

I know I'm leaving the Colima ward in good hands. Elder Jensen is a good missionary and he knows where he wants to take the work. Yesterday I glanced over and saw Grace take the sacrament and renew the covenants that she made just two weeks ago. I am so happy to have had a chance to help her come closer to Christ. Every time I leave an area I realize how much I have enjoyed knowing the people that I've met. There are many families that I've grown close to and I've had a few chances to take pictures with them. I'll post some.

I finished the Book of Mormon this week and applied Moroni's promise. I'm grateful for the witness of the Holy Ghost of the Book of Mormon. I feel that same witness as I get ready to leave for the Lakewood zone. I've also been reading through the Old Testament still and I am in Jeremiah right now. It's interesting how the Lord speaks to the people in Jerusalem through Jeremiah. I like how God is very straightforward with us. If we're doing the wrong thing we won't receive blessings and we may go through trials to help us repent. On the other hand if we're following God He'll give us all He has. 


I took a picture with the Budge family. They asked Mom what my favorite food was and made me french toast for my birthday. I'll miss them! I couldn't get a picture with the Montierth's because they are in Utah. I'll miss them a lot too. I'm sure we'll keep in touch though. Well I hope everyone had a great week. Can you believe I'm only two weeks away from being out for a year? 

Love 

Silas





No comments:

Post a Comment