Monday, July 8, 2013

Last Week of the Transfer

What an interesting couple of months this has been for me! 

I am now in a trio again! That makes for five companions in two months which is pretty extreme. One of the missionaries in my ward (there were 4) went home so the lonely one came and is now with Elder Jensen and I. His name is Elder Moala and we actually came out together! He is a great guy with a big heart from Tonga. He lived in UT for four years before he came on a mission but he is still very Tongan which is cool. I'm learning some Tongan. Fakalongalonga means be quiet haha so we like saying that to each other. Tuku means stop. Afu is love. 

I met my new mission president and his wife and I really like them a lot! President Tew is from Wyoming and he is a very spiritual/intense man. He gave a training to my zone and as he talked to us he would look straight into each of our eyes and it seemed like he looked into our souls. He interviewed Grace for baptism and while they were in another room, we had a lesson with her daughter Gracie with Sister Tew. Grace's daughters are very sweet girls who are also looking into the church and they came this past Sunday.  The baptism on Saturday went really well. Grace was really happy and she said she felt the Spirit really strong. Her boyfriend Steven baptized and confirmed her and his family showed her a lot of support. 

HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY EDEN! I can't believe you are almost a teenager! That is crazy! I miss you and I wish I could come to your my little pony party....kind of. I would come for you not the decorations. I love you! 

My 4th of July was pretty fun. We had dinner at the Kings and there were a bunch of people there. They have a ping pong table and I found myself playing ping pong! It was really fun. I can't wait to play Dad again! Everyone there who played really wanted to beat me. 

The pictures are of the bike bath right next to our apartment with Elder Moala, and Grace and Steven right before the baptism! 

I hope you have a great week! 

Love
Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment