Monday, July 22, 2013

First Week in Norwalk/Cerritos/Lakewood/Artesia/Hawaiian Gardens



Yes,

There are five different cities in my area. I really like it though! We have "little India" in our area so that was fun to discover. We were riding our bikes down Pioneer and I started smelling curry. I'm excited to try one of the restaurants and eat some chicken tikka masala again.

This is what I wrote to President Tew:

"It has been a week full of miracles as Elder Welch and I have come into our new area. It is a neat experience to white wash. It has helped me develop trust and hope that God will put us in the right place as long as we get out there and minister. I've already enjoyed having the responsibilities of a zone leader. I like getting to know and really care about them like Christ would if He were in my place.

The Lakewood Zone is full of great missionaries that work hard. I'm excited to get used to being a zone leader and being able to inspire them to be the best they can be. Something Elder Moala taught me is that we should work the hardest we can to show God the love that we have for Him."

We went to the mission office on saturday for a Mission Leader Council and it was really good. All of the zone leaders and sister trainer leaders met with the assistants and the mission president. One thing that's kind of funny is that now we're not going to use back packs anymore. So I'll be shopping for something else I guess. There was a missionary with a nice fossil brand satchel and it looked pretty nice actually. I think I'll look silly but I'll probably get used to it.

Elder Welch and I get along really well and we're having a good time. He's a good companion and I think we'll have a lot of success here. I'm excited for the next few weeks. Good luck family moving! Sorry my email this week is short!

Love

Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment