Monday, July 1, 2013

11 Months!

Hey!

I always get excited to email you about my week. I feel like I've been getting worse at writing about my week but I'll keep trying to write a lot. Today I have been on my mission for 11 months. It is amazing how many experiences I've had in these short 11 months. The people I've met and loved will always be a part of my life and who I am. I am lucky that I made the decision to leave everything and come on a mission. 

This week Elder Jensen and I have gotten to know each other a little better and have been able to teach Grace a few times. Sister Cossio has been a really great friend to her and they are there to strengthen each other. Grace is really excited to be baptized this Saturday! She is changing her life around and she can feel how much it's blessing her life already. I'm really grateful for all the blessings in my life right now.

There was a woman at church yesterday who gave a talk on recognizing the blessings that God has given her. She talked about how she would keep a blessing journal where every once in awhile she would just write a few things she was thankful for. She said that recognizing the blessings in life have helped her with the trials she has gone through. I would guess that everyone that I know and meet is going through a trial right now. Whether that is physical or spiritual, counting your blessings can help you see God's hand in your life. 

I'm grateful for the priesthood that has been restored for the salvation of God's children. It's that priesthood that will wash Grace's sins away and allow her to covenant with God to always follow and represent Him. I'm just about out of time but I hope you all have a good week. I miss you a lot. I can't believe it has almost been a year since we've said goodbye.

Love,

Silas



No comments:

Post a Comment