Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hey! (Memorial Day)

Hey everyone,

I don't have that much time because all the missionaries that usually email at libraries have to come here so there are like 20 people waiting. This week was really good. We had zone conference in Huntington Beach and I got to baptize the man that I taught whose name is William. I think I've talked a little bit about him. He's really awesome. 

Zone conference was probably the last time that President Bubert will speak to us before he leaves. I think he leaves in a little over a month. He has been a really good mission president and I hope President Tew will be just as good or better. He has a pretty stressful "job" not that he's paid. 

I've been thinking about what an experience I'm having and how I'm learning and growing so much. I'm grateful for not only the knowledge I'm gaining about Christ through reading the scriptures and teaching but also the work ethic I'm building. I've never worked this much in my life. I've never had anyone tell me I'm going to hell or yell at me before my mission and I know I'm growing a lot. This world needs more people who are willing to stand up for values and work hard and I hope I can be one of those people. I'm so glad to be a part of people's lives here and forget about myself. I'm so much happier because I care so much less about myself than I did when I left. Who knew that to be happy you just have to not think about yourself? So stop thinking about yourself and be happy haha that's my advice for this week. Besides, when we help people is when we feel God's love the most.

I hope you all have a great week!

Love 

Silas
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment