Monday, June 3, 2013

Transfers!

Hey,

This week was pretty good! We had a baptism which I don't have pictures of this week but I'll try and get one from Elder Hermansen. His name is Nathan and Elder Heise was teaching him when we all became companions. His family hasn't been to church in a little while so he wasn't baptized when he was 8. I was able to teach him about the Gospel(Having faith in Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end) and all of the commandments (Tithing, follow the prophet, word of wisdom, the ten commandments, law of chastity, pray often, study the scriptures, fasting, and honoring the law). That's a lot of commandments. Nathan is 13 and he's a really good kid. 

So this Tuesday is transfers! I am staying and Elder Heise and Hermansen are now companions in the ward where Elder Heise was serving. My new companion is another brand new missionary! It'll be fun training another new missionary. I like being able to help people develop good habits and start off their mission with hard and consistent work. I've had to be the one wanting to leave on time and get up and exercise and work so I'm kind of tired of that. I'd like someone who wants to work hard and follow the rules and usually that comes from a new missionary. 

We went to the departing fireside which is just a meeting where the missionaries going home tomorrow get up and talk about their experience and bear their testimonies. It was good! I saw Elder Komarek and Marco from the first ward that I served in. He said Mom always talks to him hah. 

President Bubert is leaving on June 29th and President Tew will be there that same day. I'm excited to have a new mission president but I'm also nervous. Hopefully he will be just as good as President Bubert. I've grown to really love President Bubert and I hope to stay in contact with him. 

Have a great week

Love 

Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment