Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 3 in Cali? 40 Days total I think

Hey Everyone!

I'm really happy and grateful to be here emailing you guys because I actually wasn't going to be able to send any mail or check my email until Wednesday and I was worried that you would be worried. That's because we were going to the temple but luckily we're going next week so I can warn you all about this. I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EMAIL UNTIL WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK. Or at least not Monday. We go to the Temple every other transfer or 6 weeks. Okay this week was pretty hard at first. I actually crashed my bike haha because I'm stupid and anyways it hurt... I just have a gross thing on my knee but I'm fine. I was just kind of discouraged because I've gotten hurt once a week now and I'd rather be not hurt. The end of the week was a lot better though. I got mail from Abbey who's in New Paltz and is having a good time and RACH! I really love letters and it just really helped me out when I was discouraged this week.

So I guess Dad is old now. How is it being a high priest? Boring? haha. Whoa I can't believe Chloe is going to school now that's really awesome. It sounds like everyone is doing really great and that makes me really happy! I had to buy pants today because when I crashed I ripped my only non-suit pants. 

Elder Sudbury and I are still getting along well which is good and we actually had one of the best lessons of his mission apparently which means that it's good because he goes home soon. We met with a girl that we contacted on the street literally the first day I got here. Our lesson went really well! We had good trade offs with teaching and using the scriptures and she almost cried because she felt the spirit. She committed to be baptized on the 30th of this month which was really cool. The only sad part is that she's 22 or something so we have to hand her off to the singles ward missionaries. She'd probably like that ward better so that's okay. 

I'm getting more and more used to the schedule of being a missionary which is good because the first week I had no idea what was going on when it came to what we should be doing at what time. We almost get fed by members everyday which is really nice. I'm enjoying the really good Mexican food and I think that I haven't even had the best stuff yet so I'm looking forward to that. Despite crashing, I'm having a really good time riding bikes. It's a good time to just think. It's been really hot here so that's been kind of annoying. If you want to send me anything I could use some more socks! One really awesome thing that happened this week is this less active lady Sis. Adams gave us a bunch of really nice ties. I have 7 "new" ties that I really like and it was just really great being given something like that. 

I'm still reading through the Book of Mormon in 90 days but I'm actually way ahead of schedule. I'm in Alma 7 which is pretty good. I really like Alma 5 so go and read that. I'm also reading the New Testament still and I just finished Luke this morning. I'm excited for John and all the other books because I've never read them before. 

How's Eden doing? I miss her! And everyone else of course! 

Love you guys!

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment