Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 2 in Cali (I didn't tell him we never called it Cali in Northern CA where I grew up)

Hey!

I have less time today because everyone in my zone has to come to the family history center so I'll try and hurry. This week went a lot quicker and it was good. BUT I actually rolled my ankle last week while playing basketball which really hurt. It popped but like three days after it was better. Would it be okay if I bought basketball shoes? They have a lot of ankle support. I think that I might go and buy some after this. My companion is saying that it'll be worth it. so thanks Mom and Dad haha I hope its okay.

Elder Sudbury and I are still getting along well. This week we kept teaching our main investigator Diana. She's really awesome and she's been coming to church. She's actually supposed to get baptized on the 15th! At first her boyfriend didnt want to have anything to do with us and he didn't like us but now he's taking the lessons too which is so great. He didn't make it to church but I think he will next week. I love teaching them and bearing my testimony that the gospel will change their lives. It's kind of silly but I didn't really get that much out of reading the scriptures before I came here but now its actually not enough to study for an hour. Right now I'm trying to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days from the 21st of August. I just started Jacob and at the end of 2 Nephi it's so awesome because Nephi saw a vision of everything and he knew about Christ and he knew that the only way we can be saved is through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end. 

I'm also reading Jesus the Christ and the New Testament. I'm in Mark right now and around page 200 on Jesus the Christ. I just read when Jesus is talking about considering the ravens and the lilies. It's a really interesting thing that he' talking about. God will provide the necessities if we trust in him. Another thing that I liked is before you seek for riches, seek for the word of God which is what I'm doing haha so it made me feel good.

North Long Beach is good. The weather has been really nice...kind of hot but I really can't complain. Diana isn't the only person that we're teaching. We've found three other families that we're trying to meet with more. A lot of them were busy or gone because of labor day. Happy Labor Day! 

Surprisingly, I don't miss my phone at all or nearly as much as I thought I would which is really great. I miss everyone of course a lot though. Thanks for the emails, Mom and Dad. I hope everyone is doing alright and it's crazy how fast the summer went by! Hope everyone will have a great year at school.

Ummm, I think that's it? I'm still on bike 24/7 which is fun and my ward is super small and the people are pretty crazy but really great haha. 

Love you all,
Elder Silas Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment