Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 1 in Cali

Sorry for the delay in posting, something was wrong with my blogger account and I couldn't post the last three letters (Sage)
 
Hey Family!
 
This week I flew to Long Beach and got settled in. I'm in North Long Beach which is pretty ghetto haha  but yeah I'm pretty close to Compton. It's not in my area though. And don't be worried either way because people here don't really hassle missionaries because most of them believe in God and everything. The first couple days were pretty hard but my companion is a really nice guy. The plane ride was good and then we got picked up and took a driving test thing and went to dinner and then went out and got to work. I was awake for 19 hours so by 10:30 I passed out.
 
This week has honestly been a blur and I'm guessing that it's not going to slow down. We had an investigator come to church yesterday which was really great. Ha my first lesson that I taught with her was the Law of Chastity which was fun. She's really nice though. She has a little girl who wont go to nursery because she loves her mom so much. Elder Sudbury and I found five new investigators the other day which is really good so woo. Oh and we are in an only bike area which I actually really like because my bike is awesome and I've always really liked riding bikes. I've met some pretty nice people and some pretty crazy people. This one member was baptized in his bathtub into a born again church hahaha then he found our church. We had dinner at his house yesterday. He had Cutco knifes! We eat at someones house almost every night which is really awesome. I've already had some really good mexican food! There's some Tongan food i've had too. I like my apartment. There are 4 other elders who live in another apartment really close to ours and theirs is not the best ha. But i like ours
 
The ward that I'm in is soo small ha and its such a mixture of different people. The Elders president is a Giants Fan! Rach would like that ha. After I got off the phone with you guys I was kind of bummed that I wasnt going to talk to you for a long time. All your voices were so nice to hear! 
 
Hey make sure to tell everyone that they can email me. I like emailss.
 
I miss you all a lot but I'm glad that I have you all to lean on.
 
I'll email you all next week!
 
Elder Silas Gallagher
 

No comments:

Post a Comment