Monday, April 21, 2014

My Week

Hello!

President called me this morning to tell me announcements that I write up for all of the missionaries each pday and today he had an exciting announcement! He told me that Elder M. Russell Ballard of the quorum of the twelve apostles is coming to the mission on May 31st. So I'll get to meet him and I'm pretty sure he'll meet with us and President Tew. 

President is feeling pretty sick so he's been in the hospital looking to get surgery in the next couple days. He'll be okay after his surgery. This past week we had three zone conferences. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. President made it to the first two but on saturday Elder Sturgell had to give his training. It felt a little like groundhog day getting up and giving the same training three days in a row but it was fun! I talked about revelation through the Book of Mormon. 

Having all of those meetings really cut down the time we had to proselyte this week. One of the times we did we had a really cool experience. We were stopping by a woman that we had taught in downtown LB and as I was knocking on the door Elder Sturgell contacted a girl walking down the road. Victoria answered the door and she wanted to listen and the girl Elder Sturgell contacted wanted to listen so we taught two different lessons at the same time. The girl that Elder Sturgell contacted told us that just before he had talked to her she was texting her friend about how she wanted answers about the tree of life and the fall. She recognized us as the answer to her prayer. We taught her yesterday and she is very interested with a lot of good questions. She should be baptized on May 11th.

Transfers are coming up so we are trying to figure out who should go to a different area, who should leave, who should be with who, who should be called or released from leadership. It's a good experience trying to fit all the pieces together.

I really like the place I live despite missing the people in Huntington Beach a lot (shout out to Danny Rasmussen) haha. Our apartment is pretty nice too. I have my own bathroom! Woo! The singles ward here is good too. A lot of good people who love the missionaries! I even found a member who knows someone with a cello so I might get to play it soon. Anyways, I love you and I know that coming closer to God, having a better relationship with Him is what brings true happiness in life.

Love

Elder Gallagher


No comments:

Post a Comment