Monday, October 28, 2013

It's actually raining?

I didn't know it rained here! It really isn't a rain though, more of a drizzle. I promised photos this week and I remembered to bring my camera so I'll attach some. This week went pretty well! I went on exchanges with one of the district leaders in the zone. Exchanges is where we switch companions for a day. His name is Elder Pickering and he is planning on going to UVU when he gets home in March. He is in a trio with two new missionaries so I was actually with him and one of his companions. We walked around their area for the night and I ended up taking them to frozen yogurt because they were having a hard week.

This week was the Trunk or Treat for a few of the wards and it was pretty fun! We got some candy and saw some pretty good costumes. Guess what I dressed up as! Yep...a missionary! I saw a kid in an aquabats costume and I pointed it out to a missionary in my zone and it turns out that the lead singer and bass player for the Aquabats is in my stake! So I'm going to try and meet them. They weren't at the trunk or treat because they are somewhere shooting for their TV show.

Yesterday was pretty crazy. As you may or may not know the church is split into wards geographically and yesterday every single ward in the stake was redrawn this sunday. There were a lot of sad families who have been in the same ward as their friends for like 40 years. The best part was that President Tew didn't know about it so we still have to figure out where all of the missionaries here are going to go. We drove down to the mission office and met with the Elder Dixon and Tewksbury the AP's and tried to figure everything out. I think we'll meet with president tomorrow. I guess with the ward changes one of the aquabats will live in my ward. One of the people in the bishopric got up to bear his testimony and he talked about change. He talked about how we're like a house that is being built. We might picture our house becoming a little cottage but if we yield to God He will build us into much more than we can imagine. I'm seeing that happen in my own life. 
Patricia came to church yesterday and talked to her parents yesterday about her baptism. They're supportive and she's really excited for the 9th! She is really amazing! She reads her scriptures for over an hour a day and is really sure that she knows it's true. She's getting all the people in the singles ward really excited too.

Next week I'm going to the temple on tuesday so I'll be on to email on tuesday not monday. I get to go to the Newport temple which will be awesome! It's almost Noah's birthday!

Love you all!

Elder Gallagher
 
 
 
 
1. Pic of me and Elder George in the car



 2. Me today post hair cut
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3. my room


No comments:

Post a Comment