Monday, October 14, 2013

Huntington/Fountain Valley

Hey everyone!
 
I moved to Fountain Valley on tuesday and it has been really great! I live with an ex mission president who is very witty and great. We live in his old movie room and I feel pretty blessed to live in a nice house. The ward here is fantastic. Everyone I've met in the family ward is really motivated to do missionary work and share what brings peace into their lives. Even the Young Single Adult ward seems very missionary oriented. My new companion is Elder George (from Ogden, UT) and we're doing great. This sunday we ran around trying to attend the most of two wards in two different places. It was fast and testimony so I got up and bore my testimony.
 
Since it is columbus day I don't have too much time because other people need to email but I do want to tell you about my week! I've been meeting so many people and getting used to handling two different wards. We taught a girl that other missionaries contacted on the street. Her name is Chelsea. She's from Salt Lake and she surprisingly isn't very familar with what we believe. She's been to church before for her extended family. We were able to sit down and talk with her and teach a great lesson. I felt the Spirit really strong and it felt so good to teach someone again! I feel like I haven't taught very many people in awhile. She's getting prepared to be baptized on the 2nd of November. I'm greatful for all of the love that I feel from God. I have to get off now but I love you all and Ill have pictures and more great things to talk about next week. Look up Kevin Monson that's who I live with. Im safe and doing great!
 
Love

Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment