Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Another Great Week!

Hey

This week Elder Welch and I worked hard but didn't have as much success as we've had the past few weeks. We're having some trouble finding investigators but I know as we are diligent, we'll be led by the Spirit to the people who are ready to receive the gospel. One man we contacted on the street does seem very promising however! His name is Victor and we talked to him about eternal families. He told us that his wife had had a miscarriage and was upset with God. He agreed that families are forever and we were able to explain that the same power that Christ gave Peter to seal on earth and in heaven was restored through a prophet. It is so easy to see how the Gospel could bless Victor and his family so we are excited to teach him about the restoration.

This week I went to mission leadership council (MLC) which is where the zone leaders and the sister trainer leaders meet with President Tew and It was really great. I took my voice recorder in there so I could listen to what he said again. He talked mostly about how to set goals. We've been learning a lot about having a vision, then setting goals, making plans and being accountable. I'm learning a lot about how to make dreams become reality. Obviously that doesn't just apply to missionary work so I'm learning a lot of life skills too. He talked about what a vision is. Dreamy and non-specific. Like a child's dream to play on the NFL. Most people get far enough to have dreams but I think most of us stop there and kind of just hope that the things we do will maybe get us there. So he talked about identifying what is standing in your way from the vision being a reality and called it a "barrier analysis" It's pretty simple but I am not good at that and setting goals that will really get me where I want to go yet. I imagine that if everyone knew how to see what was truly stopping them from achieving our dreams we would all be more successful. I like that what I'm learning about setting goals with a vision can apply to the rest of my life. I know it's so important that we involve the Spirit with the goals we set and I'm excited to share that with the missionaries in my zone this week. Elder Welch and I are giving trainings on that and a few other things. Wish me luck!

He also talked about helping people who can't/have a really hard time forgiving themselves. Talking about this he said that Satan tells two lies. One before we sin saying, "everyone does it. One time won't really hurt, What's the big deal?" Then, after we sin he says, "Look what you've done. You're worthless. just give up" If we fall for the first lie we don't need to fall for the second. It's so important to trust in the power of the atonement. We have to believe that Christ can take away our sins and make us clean. I'm grateful for our Savior and the chance he gives us to repent and change for the better.

I was thinking about Grandpa too this week and how it has been a year since her passed. Please let Grandma know I'm thinking about her. I'm glad Mom and Dad are almost done with their week long trip! Hopefully Noah has a good time on high adventure! I'm glad Mrs. Zurheide is doing alright and I hope she feels better soon! I miss you all a lot!

Love

Silas




No comments:

Post a Comment