Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Elder Gallagher

Family!

Here is what I wrote in my weekly letter to the mission president plus what I'll add in now:

My family recently moved from Brewster, NY to St. George, UT and were able to visit a few temples along the way. They went to the Kirtland and Nauvoo temples. See pictures of those temples made me really appreciate the early saints and the hard work they gave to the Lord. I haven't been to the Nauvoo temple but the Kirtland temple has a special spirit there. It was on a youth conference trip there that I felt the spirit very strong. I know Christ stood in that temple and important keys were restored. D+C 110 has always been one of my favorite scriptures. I like the description of the Savior.

I am trying to follow the example of those early saints and work! Elder Welch and I have absolutely seen the blessings of diligence this week. The drought of investigators that we were experiencing the past few weeks is over. The Lord will make things happen for you as you trust in Him and go to work. That was part of the message that we shared at zone meeting this past Thursday. Thursday was the first day I gave a "training" on my mission and it went pretty well. I'm usually a bit nervous when I have to speak in front of people but after a few minutes I relax.

One of the people we found this week was a referral from the Anaheim mission. His name is Gerry and he was just pulling up to his driveway as we were leaving his front door. We taught him a first lesson and it went very well. Elder Welch and I taught the best we have taught together. Gerry felt the Spirit and accepted a baptismal date for September 7th. He came to church yesterday and we plan on having him go over to the El Dorado ward which is a congregation of people around 25 years old.

On Saturday, all of the missionaries in the Lakewood zone worked in Sister Fulgham's area because they are having a hard time finding new people to teach. I feel like it was good for everyone to go and work had for someone else. People get excited to give charity. I think that we often forget that we are and should be working for someone else. I went on an exchange with Elder Pollard and Gutierrez who are both in the training program and it was great. They are good missionaries! Elder Pollard is a great contacter and teacher. Elder Gutierrez is not mad his visa hasn't come for Brazil and is trying his best. I invited them both to study the lesson pamphlets and make a list of inspired questions they can ask. I love getting to know the missionaries in my zone better and being to serve them.

Today I am going golfing with a few missionaries and that'll be fun. I haven't golfed in two years and I wasn't good then so we'll see what happens. Next week I'll be on to email on Tuesday because we're going up to the LA temple next week. Happy Birthday to Dad on the 14th! The last birthday I wont be able to talk to you on! I hope you all had a good week and I want you to know that I miss you!

Love

Silas


No comments:

Post a Comment