Monday, June 17, 2013

Greenie! (forgot to post this June 10th!)


Hello,

I got a new missionary on Tuesday which was fun! I also got to see Elder Komarek pick up his new missionary so I was proud of him. In the mission the people you train are your "sons" so my "son" Elder Komarek had a "kid" so I'm a grandpa. Something has to keep us entertained right? 

This has been a great week. We're back on bike since Elder Hermansen and Heise left. We biked about 55 miles since wednesday. I've almost biked 1000 miles since Feb. Elder Allphin and I hit the pavement and we're already teaching very well together. It makes such a difference when a missionary has already had some experience knocking doors and contacting people. He sold security systems last summer so he developed some great skills that can apply to missionary work. The first lesson we taught was a lesson to Matt who has a baptismal date for the 23rd. We talked to him about faith and repentance. It was a great lesson with inspired questions and great teamwork. We also met Tabitha through a great family in the ward. She went to church with the Montierth's and they invited us over yesterday to teach a lesson. She committed to prepare to be baptized on the 30th. 

Grace also came to church! She is a single mother of three young women aged daughters who found a great friend at church yesterday! Sister Cossio is also a convert and single mother so they got a long really well. They sat together, exchanged numbers and are planning on getting together to read. It makes such a difference when members go out of their way to meet people who are new at church. We'll keep working hard.

I have a feeling that Elder Allphin and I will be pretty successful together. He's a good worker and is very personable. I forget that he's brand new so I'm excited! It is weird though because he's seen Iron Man 3 and that literally just came out ha. I guess I've been on my mission for a little while now. Thanks Mom for all the pictures you sent me! They're great. I'll send a picture of us that I took this morning. 

I miss you all and hope you have a great week.

Love

Silas 



No comments:

Post a Comment