Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday!

Hey!
 
So this week has been really great. I can't really remember what happened in the beginning so I might start yesterday and go backwards. Sunday was probably the best Sunday I've had here because two of the people I'm teaching came to church! We've only had one lesson with them and they both came!
 
First I'll talk about Tammy. We met Tammy because we looked at a list of people that missionaries had already talked to a little bit. We knocked on her door and she said that she hadn't really had a conversation with the missionaries but she had said they could come back. So we set an appointment and she said that she could do it a week and a half later which is pretty lame so we didn't think too much of it. Jump to a week and a half later. We have a lesson with her and we mainly just talked about how God loved her and that Jesus Christ was so important. She told us that the night before we came by the first time she was praying so hard for someone to help her. She just needed someone to help and make her happy. When we met her we asked her if she needed any help. We do that to almost everyone but I was really asking her if she needed her garbage taken out or her plants watered or anything. She called us angels at church because I really was an answer to her prayer. She wants to get baptized this upcoming Sunday but it might be next Sunday. I would be so grateful to be the instrument that God used to change this woman's life. The Ward was awesome at making her feel at home too which I was so nervous about. Having people at church is so stressful because you want it to go perfectly even though no one is perfect ha.
 
The other person who went to church is a Cambodian man named Sovandy. He just got married and he actually went on Mormon.org and asked for missionaries to come and teach him. He said that he was researching the church because the way he respected his professor who graduated from BYU. He went to Georgia Tech so I guess that professor really stood out. He knew a lot and really wanted to learn about the way we live our lives. He came to church and people thought he was a member ha ha.
 
So we get to meet with them on Wednesday so wish us luck! Yesterday we also had a baptism! Well it was in our ward but I never taught the guy. Elder Jacobson baptized him because he started teaching him on the other side of the ward. It was a good baptism. Harvey Adams is the guy who was baptized and man is he big. He is a huge black guy and it was pretty funny to watch him get baptized. I bore my testimony of how grateful I am now for the sacrament. Being able to start a new week fresh and clean is something I'm taking a lot more seriously.
 
I'm going to go and buy a thing to connect to the computer so I can post pictures again. Sorry I haven't been very good about that. Well the woman who I helped quit smoking is still doing great which is just so awesome. Prayer and scripture study was a huge difference with every other time she has tried to quit. That built my testimony a lot because she really didn't think she could do it.
 
Anyways, I have had a good week and I hope you all did too. I'm sure I'm going to miss you all a lot more as we get closer to Christmas. It was pretty nice because Elder Jacobson's family sent him two advent calendars so I get one too :)
 
 
Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment