Monday, December 17, 2012

First Baptism!!!

Well this week has been very good! Yesterday was Tammy's baptism and it was pretty stressful but amazing as well. We had a huge turnout and everything ended up going according to plan and it was really spiritual. There was another 18 year old girl and her 17 yr old brother who the other Elders baptized and they were really nice.
 
As the program was going on and the talks were coming to a close I started to get really nervous. I was worried that I wouldn't say everything right or maybe I wouldn't be able to pick her up that great but I said a prayer that I would be comforted. I definitely felt peace come over me as I got up and walked into the font. My voice was a little trembling a little but I did it and Tammy started crying afterwards becasue she was so happy. I don't really know how to explain the simplicity and importance of baptism. As I was getting changed I just knew that that baptism counts forever. There aren't many things we can do on earth that are eternal but I know that baptism is one of them. I'm really grateful to have been a part of Tammy's decision to change her life and have a fresh start.
 
One thing that is sad is that I won't be able to teach her daughter that wants to get baptized too now. I am being transferred! I leave tomorrow to East Long Beach. I am going to be with Elder Edward in the Woodruff ward. It has been really weird packing up all of my stuff and getting ready to leave my first "home" but I'm excited for it. Usually transfers are 6 weeks but this one was 5 because of Christmas and just all the new missionaries that are coming in soon. We're getting 100 new missionaries in the next year. 36 in march.
 
So send everything to 6500 E Atherton St Long Beach 90815 aka the mission office.
 


Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment