Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Hey Everyone,
This week was a pretty good week! It was nice to have Thanksgiving but kind of weird to be a missionary during the holidays. I'm emailing everyone a lot individually today so I think this might be a short email this week. Elder Jacobson and I are doing pretty well. We're both really new missionaries so it's been fun. I can now see that Elder Sudbury trained me really well. I'm pretty comfortable contacting people now and I think I'm getting better and better at teaching.
We actually found people this week! One was a referral and two we found from the area book. They were on a list of potential investigators from earlier this year. We commited that couple to be baptized on the 8th so we're hoping that'll work out! They didn't come to church so we might have to push it back. You know church is at 8am? I'm thankful that we only had church at 9, hah. Our other investigator is pretty hard to get a hold of. It is really nice to have people to go by though. We have been contacting a ton of people on the street trying to reach our goal of talking to 125 random people a week. We've done pretty well!
On Thanksgiving we went to two dinners so I was very full. The two families we ate with are very great families. One of them, the Adduru's are Phillipino so we had a pig too. They're really nice people and I'm glad they invited us over.
This transfer is only 5 weeks instead of 6 because of where Christmas falls on the calender with everything. We also get to go to the temple this transfer which will be really nice. So one of these weeks I'll email Wednesday instead of Monday. As soon as I find out I'll let you know. Hopefully I'll find out a week in advance but if I don't email that's why. Don't worry!
I'm still really liking studying my scriptures. That is something that I wish I had done regularly. Reading brings peace and happiness. I love learning about the scriptures too. I wish we could read any church book but missionaries are only supposed to read the canon and a few other books. I want to read One Eternal Round pretty bad. There is so much to learn and I'm just excited to learn as much as I can about God and everything basically.
I am thankful for everyone's support and the love that I feel everyday from and for you. I'm sorry it took me leaving on a mission to really think about how my relationships with you are the most important part of my life. I love my family! I hope everyone gets better if they are sick and stay better. Does that make sense?
Love you,
Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment