Monday, July 21, 2014

Last week

I had a good week this week! The weeks feel like days now and I'm staying very busy. We had two zone conferences this week. One in Huntington beach and one in Cerritos. Elder Taylor and I gave a training on how to begin teaching. It is very important to understand the needs of the people we sit down and teach. I love teaching people and helping them with their questions about life and with what they want to achieve. I've never felt happier trying to help people achieve their goals. At one of the conferences there was an elder that forgot his tie. It was pretty funny. I asked him what happened and if he was wearing an invisible tie. He and his trainer were in a rush to get to zone conference and he ended up just buttoning up his top button and forgot to get a tie. That's a first! Luckily President had an extra tie.
This week we picked up a brand new Toyota Corolla from Torrance. It's fun leaving the mission. Weird to think there's a whole lot of places I haven't seen in two years. It is unreal to have a car with six miles on it. It smells really new. I'll probably never drive a new car for the rest of my life! SO I'm enjoying it now.

Yesterday Elder Taylor and I went by a referral that some sisters gave us. It was our first time there and there ended up being two apartments at this address so we decided to go to the one closest to us first. We walked up to the door and sitting on the ground on a stand was a tile with a Thomas S. Monson quote. We figured that it was maybe a part member family and the kid (Matt) that we were looking for lived there. A boy answered named Terrence who said Matt lived in the apartment over. So we asked him if he had made it to church and he said no because his mom was in Mexico. It was funny because we asked him what church he went to because we realized he might not really know who we were and he said cottonwood which is a mega christian church around here. Haha no one in his family was a member of the church so we set up an appointment to come back and talk to them about the guy who said the quote. 

I think in the next week I will continue to feel every emotion possible. I've put my whole heart into my mission and it is tough trying to realize I'm leaving. I love my mission. I've never done anything else in my life that has brought as much meaning and joy to my own life. I know how to work. I know how to be happy even when it's hard. I'm still Silas just better hah. At the same time I am excited to see you again! Love you!

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment