Monday, July 28, 2014

LAST LETTER OF MISSION!

HEY!

What an experience my mission has been for me. Last night was the departing missionary fireside and it was really strange being the one getting up and bearing his testimony. I came out and am going home with an Elder Moala who is Tongan so he gave me a big lei (pronounced lay) to wear. All the missionaries going home had candy and flower leis around their necks. It was kind of cool. Elder Moala and I will actually be coming home to salt lake on the same plane so I'm positive you'll see his family there tomorrow. It was bittersweet to be sitting in the choir seats and look out on many people I knew. I saw Joey, Patricia, Buddy, the Smiths, the Carrs, Montierths, 
 
Sorry I sent that early by accident....anyways

I saw a lot of people that I've focused all I have and I love them so much. I don't know where I would be right now if I didn't take that time and serve other people with all my might mind and strength. It was pretty cool having some of the people I've helped meet each other. It was really hard not to hug all of them!...still can't hug girls. I will tomorrow though! I'll hug Mom first. 

It was really weird having a last hour of missionary work. It was Saturday night. Yesterday was church and then the fireside and today is Pday and then the dinner at President's house. My last hour we were at Orizaba park contacting people there. We were headed back to the car and as we passed this man I really felt like we should go back and talk to him. He actually really wanted us to talk to him and he said he noticed that we did a u-turn just to talk to him. He wanted us to pray for him and we did. 

Well there are a lot of people here and I have to get off. I'll see you tomorrow!! LOVE YOU

Elder Gallagher
 

No comments:

Post a Comment