Monday, February 3, 2014

I'm wearing a sweatshirt cause its cold (68 degrees) ;)

Brrrrr,

This week one of the sick missionaries went home and now I am in a trio again. Sadly we were told that he was diagnosed with some form of cancer and that he started chemo yesterday. Also, Elder George is in the hospital with what they thought was viral meningitis. Now they're thinking it's some sort of brain lesions. I heard his parents came out to see him. The latest news I got sounded pretty positive though. So keep them in your thoughts. It is honestly crazy how many medical things are going on. There are at least two missionaries depressed in the zone and the one that is still throwing up is still working so hard. They're great people.

Things are going pretty well in or area! We are teaching and finding very regularly. We are still teaching the Smiths and they are still looking to be baptized on the 15th but we'll see. Sis Smith hasn't been for three weeks now. Bro and the kids came yesterday. We are teaching an awesome guy in his 20's. His name is Buddy. He meets with us regularly and he asks such great questions. 

One thing real quick before I have to go is something that dawned on me while we were teaching this eccentric girl in the chapel of the church. She didn't have shoes on and I happened to look and think about how dirty and honestly gross they looked. I thought of John 13 where Christ washes His apostles feet. I know He is our perfect example of love and service. I got up yesterday and bore my testimony of the happiness I have felt as I've served others. It doesn't make sense logically but the more I give of myself and think more about others, the happier I am. 

Read your scriptures! Don't forget to pray! I'm still having a great time and I love and miss you! 

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment