Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving

This week was pretty good. For Thanksgiving I went to the Fuga's and then the Parkers. The Fuga's are Samoan so we ate a ton of food. We came after the feast had started but there were at least ten restaurant platters with those burners under them full of food. Turkey, ham, mussels, octopus, yams, taro, rolls, salad, mashed potatoes, cheese potatoes and then dessert. Deep fried oreos and plenty of brownies and cake. It was a mouthful. We did leave with more leftovers than we had eaten because they packed soooo much food for us to take home. Right after that we went to the Parkers! Brother Parker was the stake president and is now in the mission presidency. He is one of the nicest men I've met. He fed us turkey and cranberry sauce sandwiches. I thought Elder George was going to puke he ate so much haha.

Besides Thanksgiving my week was full of a lot of meetings. We were at the mission office a lot being trained. I'm really grateful for the leadership principles I'm learning out here. I'll be training the zone on Thursday.

Saturday morning a man in the family ward died suddenly from a heart attack. He was 46 and was in great health. He has a son on a mission and three other kids who live at home. It was very very tragic and church was full of people in tears. Death is such a hard and unavoidable part of life. It's hard even though I know that we will one day be resurrected like our Savior. Brother Monson said something that will stick with me. It doesn't matter when you die, it matters how you live. It is scary to realize how insecure life is. That has been on my mind a lot lately. I do know that we will all live again. What a great gift that we will all receive because of Jesus Christ.


I hope everyone has a great week! I love you

Elder Gallagher


Before today's haircut





after









No comments:

Post a Comment