Monday, December 16, 2013

Almost Christmas

Bad news first! No skype :( but I am excited to talk on the phone! They're cracking down on the 40 minute rule too. So the only # I really remember is Mom's cell. So I'll call that unless I get the house phone number.
This week has been great. I went on a 24 hr exchange with Elder Williams on Friday and it went really well. I love exchanges and other missionaries. I feel a little inadequate at times during the trainings I give but I am confident in the relationships I cultivate with my zone. He's a great missionary and a hard worker. We taught a very powerful lesson to a woman who only spoke Spanish. He brought a member who bore powerful testimony! Even though I speak zero Spanish I could feel the Spirit as they talked. I prayed and prayed for Elder Williams and for his investigator and I know it helped. Now I just need to know how to testify in Spanish. I was also able to learn over to him remind him to ask for referrals. The woman's name is Marylena and will be baptized on Saturday. We talked about his district and doubling the productivity of Elder Heaps and Beyer. I really do love the people here in the zone. 

On Saturday we blitzed Elder Torgerson and Haynes area. They did an amazing job organizing a great event. We were prepared and were all invited to bring members. Many sets of missionaries did and had great experiences. In the zone we report the # of members taken out with us and this week we had 25 members out. We expect to keep breaking records in that regard. 

Yesterday I went to the departing fireside. It is a meeting where the missionaries going home get up and talk about their experience for a few minutes. One of my favorite people in this world is leaving in two weeks and I'll miss him a lot. His name is Elder Dixon. He was in the Virginia ward when I was with Elder Jacobson and is now an AP. Usually when I need to make a decision or do something I think of what Elder Dixon would do. It'll be sad for me to say goodbye. I imagine getting old is something like becoming an older and older missionary. All my older friends are "dying" and it stinks. I wonder how Elder Edward is doing and wish I could go to Elder Smith's wedding on the 28th! It'll be great to reconnect with my friends. Even though I miss these people I wouldn't trade the time I've had here for anything in the world. I've learned so much about myself and who I want to be.

I'm starting to get more and more excited for transfers. I think I'll be staying and getting a new companion. Elder George has been great and I've learned from him. 

I'll pray for Chloe! I hope she recovers quickly from surgery. 

Love

Elder Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment