Monday, March 18, 2013

My Week

Hey everyone,
 
This week was the first week that Elder Komarek and I were just on bikes. We bike around 16 miles a day and I think one day we did 20. I'll just say that I'm sleeping like a log ha. This Sunday was Woodruff Ward Conference and it was nice to hear the Bishop and Stake President give talks. We biked to church so we had the sisters who also serve in our ward drive our suits to church so we could change. As we were changing in the bathroom the stake president came in so we got to meet him haha. It was an interesting way to meet the stake president. How is the Danbury Ward?
 
Well I'm still reading the Old Testament and right now I'm in Psalms. Rach's letter had a psalm reference on it and I was actually about to read it so that was cool. The Old Testament has been really good to read. The people back then had a lot more faith than people do now. I also just started reading Acts again. I love how the Apostles and Disciples teach. The people that they teach felt the truthfulness of their message by the power of the Holy Ghost and asked them to be baptized. The Bishop talked about being converted and I would say that Peter was absolutely converted as he healed the sick and raised the dead in the name of Jesus Christ. Learning more about the time right after Christ left has been really interesting.
 
This week was a little slow for the work but Elder Komarek and I are still working hard. Last night our 8pm plans fell through and we pretty much had to walk around and try and find someone to talk to because I don't like knocking at 8pm. We talked to a really nice older man named Larry who talked to us for awhile. He wasn't very interested but he really liked talking to us. Elder Komarek still isn't used to talking to people and leading the conversation but it comes with time. There are a lot more people here than he's used to in Fillmore.

I'm really grateful for the Book of Mormon. It's so wonderful that it comes with a promise in Moroni 10:3-5. If you read it sincerely with real intent than God will give you a witness of the truth. It's pretty simple and I know that that's true. I'm lucky to be a missionary and even when times are slow I'm glad that I can be His servant.
 
Love you!
 
Silas
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment