Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunny California!

Hey!

 
This week was full of amazing weather. I feel like I'm lying when I tell people it's January because to me it feels like the beginning of summer... It's a weird thing to be warm most of the time. It feels like summer, looks like fall and it's actually winter so hopefully I don't walk around with a confused look as I talk to people.
 
One kind of cool thing I got for my bike was a pretty cheap computer that tracks how far/fast I go so I've been having fun with that. Going down a little hill I went 26.4 :) Don't worry I'm safe and I always have a helmet on. I'm pretty proud of that speed though. The other day we rode 12 miles but we still spent time in the car. I'm curious how many miles I rode while I was in the Virginia Ward. Speaking of the Virginia Ward I got a tie from Brother Peckham who gave it to Elder Jacobson who got it to the mission office. It was really nice because in the inside of the tie he wrote that the Virginia ward misses me. I miss them too and I'm glad that I was able to help those people. People here have heard some pretty crazy things about that ward (some of which are true haha) but I liked it a lot. It certainly was an experience though.
 
This week we had dinners at families houses as usual but one thing was kind of funny. It seemed like for every dinner there was someone whose name was one of my siblings. One girl who we're teaching is named Chloe and she is spunky just like Chloe. Then we went to dinner and one of the boys was named Noah. THEN the next day their little girl was named Eden. Weird right? It made me miss you all but it was nice.
 
There are only two weeks left for this transfer which is crazy because it feels like I just got here and this transfer is 7 weeks instead of 6. We are apparently have had the best numbers for the past couple weeks which is good I guess. I wonder who will be leaving and coming to this area.
 
One good experience I had this week was meeting Joey! We contacted his Mom Candy on the street and she said to come back sometime. So we met her son Joey who has a pretty interesting story. He grew up in Long Beach but when he was 14 he was into drugs and bad stuff so his Mom sent him to a foster thing in Utah. He was not too happy about that and for a year he was pretty mad. But he turns 17 on Saturday and he had the change of heart that is talked about in the scriptures. He was introduced to the church and he let it change his life. He wants to be baptized when he turns 18 so we are going to go over there and start teaching him. He has already gone out to teach with missionaries and everything ha. It was just really great to hear and feel how genuine his change was.
 
I think that sums up my week. I'm glad Noah and Mom had a great weekend! I had a good time at that youth conference too! I hope everyone has a great week!
 
Love,
 
Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment