Monday, January 14, 2013

Hi!

Hi Everyone!
 
This week was a very busy week! We have like 15 investigators which gets a little crazy. I'm certainly not complaining about the work though because I would much rather have a lot to do than nothing. Most of them are families where only one spouse is a member and it seems really hard. I hope that we can help everyone come closer to Christ and have a happier family. The plan the God has for us is all about families so it's hard to see part member families kind of split. There are surely happy families where one spouse isn't interested in the church but you can feel that there is something missing. I honestly think that it's being sealed in the temple that brings that togetherness feeling. I count myself as lucky to grow up in a home where that was a normal thing.
 
I really like the Woodruff ward and I'm getting to know more and more of the members. The Smiths fed us yesterday even under short notice which was really nice. I really respect people that will go out of their way to help someone. Being a missionary gives you a look at so many people's homes that you wouldn't get otherwise and I really like that. You feel different things as you go into different peoples home. I hope to learn from what I experience and apply them to my life and to my family.
 
Yesterday we were supposed to have a baptismal interview with that lady Rebeca who some of our ward doesn't really like but President Bubert is actually pretty sick. So we should have it later in the week when he's feeling better. California is a cold place! Not actually but it does feel cold when it's windy and the sun isn't out.
 
I'm sorry for the jumpy letter this week. Next week I'll think of a story to tell or something! I love you all and hope you have a great week.
 
Love
 
Elder Silas Gallagher

No comments:

Post a Comment