Monday, January 28, 2013

Last Week of This Transfer

Hey Everyone!

 
I had a pretty good week even though I feel pretty sick right now. I just have a really runny nose, scratchy throat and I feel kind of weak because I didn't sleep well. How was everyone else's week? Hopefully great. Great news! Rebecca is getting baptized on the 9th! She had her interview and she is all set. It feels good to know that I am doing some good in this area. She seems really excited and her husband is going to baptize her which will be really cool. Baptisms are always a great place to go and feel the Spirit. I will be giving a talk on the Holy Ghost at the baptism.
 
I think I talked about Joey last week and he came to church this week! He only stayed for sacrament because he had to head back to school in San Diego but it was good to have someone say they were coming and actually have them come! We've been working hard with a guy named Stephen to come and he hasn't yet. I'm not giving up though!
 
On Saturday we got to do service at Sailing Pro Shop. It was really fun. We helped load a truck, pack their retail and take down their signs and banners in the shop. One of the accountants is a member so she saw the opportunity for some service! It made me excited to get a job and get to know people where I work and help make good things happen. I fought my slight fear of heights and got up on a big ladder to take down some banners that were really high on the wall. The owner was really nice and got us pizza and gave us some shirts and a hat.
 
We had dinner last night with the Hess family. Sister Hess is so similar to Liz Draper that it's starting to freak me out haha. Pretty much everything about them is the same. They look alike, sound alike, both do hair...haha I just thought it was strange. Kind of weird too but it's true.
 
In Alma 46 it talks about how cunning and flattering words from Amalickiah led many people away from God. In the same chapter it talks about Moroni renting his coat and raising the title of liberty. His character and stand for Christianity led to people literally running to make covenants with God. I thought it was a great contrast and an inspiration to be the type of person that attracts people to do better.
 
In Matt 15 I like when Christ teaches that it's not what goes into a person that defiles a man but it is what comes out. The things we say and do show the intentions and desires of our heart.
 
Well I hope that we all can try and be better people! I love you and hope you all have a great week!
 
Love,
 
Silas
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment