Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 97 (Mom thinks)

Hey Everyone!
This week is my last week with Elder Sudbury because he's going home! I'm really happy for him and I'm glad that I got a really great and fun trainer. Last week was mostly full of dropping all of the investigators we found the week before which was kind of sad. BUT! This week was probably the best in the sense that I really helped someone change their life. Nicole is a less active lady who lives in Carmelitos and she really needed/wanted to quit smoking and we helped her quit. I gave her a blessing and we even fasted with her. She had tried to quit many times before but because of the power of faith and fasting and prayer, she has been doing amazing. She smoked 12 a day and for the past week she has only smoked around 4. The past two days she hasnt smoked at all. I love helping people who really want to change because it happens. If you really want something, you can have it. She's even seen the blessings already and she hasnt even stopped that long. She has a daughter(5)and theyre getting along a lot better.
I actually had a pretty strange experience at church yesterday. I had to tell someone that they couldnt be at church because he had something wrong with him. I won't go into too much detail but it helped me feel grateful to have the gift on the Holy Ghost. I felt the spirit comfort me and I ended up having a pretty good day.
It's kind of really hard to get some members to help people out. It made me realize that Dad is always going out and helping people through elders quorum and I realized how great Dad is. Thanks for being great Dad! Also Mom! You've always been going to activities and helping people too. I still remember when you were relief society president and we got all of those toys for the 9/11 kids.
I'm excited and nervous to change missionary companions. I will almost certainly stay in the same area because Elder Sudbury is leaving. I hope that we can find some people who want to follow Jesus Christ this week! What else should I talk about? This week was a little stressful because I worried a lot about everyone at home. I knew you were okay but I was still thinkning about everyone a lot more than usual.
What does Noah want me to send him? I'll send him a card! If he wants a shirt let me know please! How is Eden's play going? How does Chloe like going to school and being 6!? How's Ella? I miss and love you all!
Love you!
Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment