Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday letter

Hey!

This week Elder Loutensock and I tried something a little different and actually found a lot of work from it. We took some time in the morning and called each of the active members in the HB YSA ward and asked if we could come and share a 10 minute message with them and just get to know them better. We want to take more of a variety of members out with us each week and we thought that would be a good way to do it. There were many that had moved away but even those who had moved were willing to give us names of people they thought we should visit. We have an appointment with one girl who moved who thought of one of her friends from high school. She's coming down for us to meet with him. All from a simple phone call. Something I've learned here is that there are so many members who are already trying to do missionary work we just have to be the ones who encourage and facilitate the work. 

There are a lot of struggling missionaries where I am right now. A few have pretty major health problems that prevent them from working very much. One Elder has thrown up everyday for over three months straight now. It is amazing how much he still want to work everyday and not go home. I would be miserable after two days. One has had back problems and probably has to go home for surgery. Missionary work is hard! I feel lucky for only having to deal with being tired and sometimes being discouraged. 

I went to Newport today and it was really nice. The temple there is beautiful. I'll attach some pictures. I hope you all have a great week. Please pray for my cousin who's boyfriend died this week and also my mom, who's skin condition is making things hard.



Love 

Elder Gallagher
 

No comments:

Post a Comment