Monday, February 18, 2013

President's Day

Hey family!
 
Alright so this week was pretty good! First something that is really crazy and shows what a small world we live in is that I had dinner at the Gallop's house. We were talking and Brother Gallop was like, my son-in-law and daughter lived in NY. And I was like where? And he said that he worked in White Plains and I was like my Dad worked in White Plains! He said Blue Sky and I said who is your son-in-law? Hans! It was really funny and cool. I told them that I think we helped move them in but I don't really remember. And that I played frisbee with him.
 
We are still working with Michael. I have a hard time remebering who I've talked about...Michael is 12 and his Mom is a member but hasn't gone to church in awhile. They are a nice family and I hope eventually his dad gets more interested. He wants to be baptized on the 3rd of March right now so pray that that will happen! He is a really good kid and I'm just really excited for him to be baptized and help so many people.
 
Elder Komarek and I are getting along well. He doesn't complain and he likes to work so there isn't much effort I have to put in to get to work! Seeing him go out and have faith in the work is a really great energy boost for me! We've been having a good time knocking on doors and getting him to muster up the courage to contact people on the street. It really is a hard thing to do. It's interesting being a person that wants to talk to everyone and no one wants to talk to you haha. But I think I've gotten pretty used to it and being personal and nice is the most important part.
 
Well, since it's President's day all the missionaries that usually email at libraries have to come here so I have less time. Sounds like Eden and Mom had a good time skiing and Vball looked fun too! Love you all.
 
Love,
 
Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment