Wednesday, August 8, 2012

One Week Down

Okay, so the first day was really great which I think I really needed since the MTC is a pretty overwhelming experience. It was pretty hard to leave dad standing there and walk into the MTC but I did! My companion Elder Hileman is a really kind hearted guy from Idaho. We've been getting better at teaching together and making progress with teaching is one of the only ways you can be happy here so I'm really thankful for that!
 
I really miss you guys but I can honestly say that I definitely made the right choice by coming here. Everyday I read a ton of mail from Rach which makes it so doable, thank you. Family and whoever! Write me on dearelder.com It's so great to hear from people. I feel the spirit really strong after I pray and read the scriptures here. I finished the Book of Mormon this week which was really nice and faith building. I'm working on the New Testament and the Jesus the Christ book that mom gave me.
 
It has been really hard being stuck in here while Mom and whoever else is down the road at Grandpa's wake. It really stinks. They called me into a counseler's room and I pretty much figured it out before I got there. I am sad but I know that when I told Grandpa that I was going on a mission I made him really proud. He wants me to be here. I'm sorry that Noah and Eden couldn't see him before he died and I hope everyone is doing okay. You can always email me about anything.
 
I am having a good time with great teachers! Dad, my teacher Brother Austin is an animation student at BYU and he's really nice and good at teaching. Would it be alright if I first got your email and gave it to him? And I thought it was funny that I got a call and the lady was like, "hey I have your dad on the line" and I thought I was going to talk to you, but of course she just got the computer password from me. That was a bummer.
 
I'm running out of time. Ah I wish I had a ton more. Let's see...I went to the temple this morning which was really great. Everyone was right when they said the more you go the more you'll understand things. So I'm really glad I felt the spirit there. What do you want to know? We're teaching three "investigators" right now which is hard and a great learning experience. Its the easiest to teach someone when you get to really know them first.
 
Mom, I hope you're doing okay and just know that I'm doing fine and thank you for being friendly with Rach.
 
Noah, I miss you bud and I'm excited to talk to you soon. I think you wrote me a letter. So I'm excited to get that.
 
Eden! I hope you're getting ready for school and having a good summer
 
Chloe, I miss you and I love you and I cant wait to hear about gymnastics and see the pictures you drew me.
 
Ella, you can't read but I miss you too!
 
I'm out of time. The moral of the story is that I'm adjusting much better than I bet we all thought I would and that I really want to write you all letters and more emails. Also, I hope everyone is doing okay because it's really hard losing our last grandpa. I miss him a lot. See you guys next week!
 
Love you all,
 
Silas

No comments:

Post a Comment